In 1944, Bro. C.C. Locke of Memphis, Tennessee was called to work with the congregation. The congregation remained on 9th Street until 1963 when it purchased the building at its present location on Cedar Crest Boulevard. Under the visionary leadership of Bro. Locke, the church experienced exponential growth progress.
In 1971, Brother Cephas Alvin Northcutt, Sr. came to work with Bro. Locke. He soon left for the mission field of southern Mississippi in 1972. Brother Waydell Nixon came to work with Bro. Locke in January of 1976. Sadly, Bro. Locke departed to "sleep with his fathers" on December 4, 1979. After his death, Bro. Waydell Nixon became the minister and the church continued to flourish during his ministry. In 1980, Bro. Cephas Alvin Northcutt, Sr. returned to Cedar Crest after working in the mission field in southern Mississippi.
Since 1992, Bro. Cephas Alvin Northcutt, Sr. has faithfully served the congregation as its Ministering Evangelist. Under his watchful leadership, the church has ordained elders, the present facilities have undergone a complete renovation and many souls have been added to the Body of Christ. On April 1, 2008, Bro. Jon W. Morrison became the full-time Assistant Minister. With God's help, after the retirement of Bro. Northcutt in March of 2010, Bro. Morrison will humbly succeed him in the fraternity of God's men who have served this congregation as Minister. Today, God continues to bless the rich legacy of Cedar Crest as we climb onward and upward in for King Jesus.